Exheus is a young and highly disruptive med tech company. We analyze gene expression in blood samples by applying next-generation sequencing technology (NGS) and artificial
intelligence algorithms to offer our customers real and actionable information on their
health status at any given moment and condition. The test can be performed many times a year and the evolution of the selected parameters allows to track the progress.
What We Are Looking for
We are seeking a talented PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, mathematical modeling, big data analysis or related areas with knowledge and experience in management and analysis of transcriptomic data and next-generation sequencing data.
• Experience in managing, processing, performing quality control and analysis of large
amounts of Next Generation Sequencing data.
• Good level of statistical programming (R, Python, SQL and others).
• Demonstrated knowledge of statistical principles, including experimental design
and machine learning.
• Strong skills in data visualization tools.
• Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration
with others and independent thought.
• Fluent in English.
• The job will involve several tasks such as analysis of gene expression of RNA-seq
data and developing custom software for the data visualization.
• Develop and optimize scripts, analysis pipelines and reports for routine NGS and
genomic data processing.
• Optimize our proprietary machine learning algorithms to improve our products.
EXHEUS SL Plaça Pau Vila, 1
www.exheus.com 08039 Barcelona
• Extend the analytics and visualization of capabilities of in-house developed
• Interact with the research team
• Good organizational skills.
• Team player.
• Drive and determination.
• Desire to learn.
• Enjoy solving problems; engaged and motivated.
• Ability to communicate effective both verbally and in writing.
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension to 3 more years by a
successful application to a Torres Quevedo Grant or other calls.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and
consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: January 2021
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Alexandre Perera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.