PROJECT TITLE: XarTEC SALUT
The communication manager will have to design and manage all the internal and external communication of the network. Their decisions often involve the entire organization, which is why they need to be part of the management team. The person in charge of communication and dissemination must have in-depth knowledge of the network as well as its culture and be able to use the appropriate strategies to transmit them to the external and internal public of the entity.
Thus, it has the responsibility to direct and manage the communication department and its human team (people that we can incorporate to support these tasks) in order to ensure the quality of the corporate image of the network. He/she will have managerial functions (depending on the people who make up the team), team planning and management, as well as perform more executive functions, such as managing the relationship with the press, spokesperson tasks and media plan. In addition, he/she will be responsible for designing communication proposals with impact, disseminating the activity of the groups, generating impact on the different communicative and informative actions, supervising and activating all the promotion tools, dynamizing social networks and generating external debate with different agents of society and the business world.
• Design of the organization’s communication strategies. Establish the objectives (together with the governing bodies) that the network wants to reach in terms of communication and set the tools and strategies that will be used to achieve them.
• Achieve a deep knowledge of the company or institution, its culture, and its values.
• Analysis of studies on the image of the network.
• Design and management of internal and external communication of the network.
• Involve all the groups in the network and their valorisation programs in the company’s communication strategy, making them aware of its importance.
• Evaluate the communication strategies applied, correct them and improve them if necessary. Evaluate the results.
• Head of press or management of network relations with the media.
• Management of the internal communication of the network.
• Creation of the company’s audiovisual productions.
• Management of the institution’s institutional and public relations.
- University degree and/or master in Communication and/or Digital media.
- Strong experience in communication and dissemination.
- Demonstrable experience of communicating with a wide range of external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of writing precise, succinct and compelling copy about complex technological concepts for multiple audiences.
- Demonstrable knowledge of publication processes, including Web and Digital communication channels (social networks).
- Creativity, curiosity and humbleness.
- Have a passion for producing creative and engaging communication.
- Display very strong organizational and time management skills
- Be professional, approachable and confident in sharing their ideas
- A team player with excellent initiative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and English skills.
- A working knowledge of at least one other official European language would be an asset.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Apply following the position 150-918-017 by applying to this link. Applications should include the following documents:
- A cover letter specifying how your experience and interests match with the offered position.
- A CV including English proficiency level, nationality, visa requirements, date of birth, experience overview, and publication list.
- Transcripts of BSc and MSc degrees.
The successful candidate will ideally start on November 1st 2020 or as soon as possible after that date.
For questions, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full time position for a 3 year project.
- A salary of approx. 33230,78 € gross per year.
- Outstanding research and innovation ecosystem within CREB.
- Living in Barcelona, a modern city with a lot of opportunities for innovation in the HealthTech sector.
- Young, dynamic and fun work atmosphere with social events.
UPC. The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (http://www.upc.edu) is a public institution of research and higher education in the fields of engineering, architecture, sciences, and technology; and one of the leading technical universities in Europe. Every year, more than 6.000 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in less than three months. UPC is the Spanish university that has obtained more projects from Horizon 2020 framework.
CREB. Since 1983, the Research Centre for Biomedical Engineering (http://creb.upc.edu) at UPC has been serving the needs of research, technological development, innovation, and knowledge transfer of companies, hospitals and institutions related to the field of health technologies. Its multidisciplinary staff includes more than 80 researchers, doctors and graduates in engineering and other disciplines. Our research teams and facilities are in the heart of UPC campus, giving solution to any need or demand from the biomedical field. Our applied research is organized in seven research areas: Biomaterials; Biomedical Signals and Systems; Dosimetry and Medical Radiation; Computer Graphics; Biomechanical Engineering; Robotics and Vision; and Instrumentation and eHealth. From these areas we support and promote innovation and collaboration, as well as excellence in research, scholarship, and training.
XarTEC SALUT. La Xarxa de Tecnologies de la Salut (XarTEC SALUT) is made up of 47 research groups from Catalonia that belong to 17 different institutions (universities, hospitals, technology centers…). It aims to be a catalyst for R&D&I in the field of health technologies in Catalonia, promoting the exchange of knowledge and the transfer of technology between research groups, institutions, hospitals and companies. In addition, it aims to create and boost new innovative start-ups, offering more efficient tools for technology transfer with greater economic and social impact.
XarTEC SALUT aims to reduce the gap between research and impact on the market, generating tools that facilitate the arrival of technologies that address the needs of the health world. The idea is to move forward by providing more efficient responses in terms of demand, responding to the speed of the market and adjusted to the real needs of the user / patient.