PROJECT TITLE: XarTEC SALUT
He/she will be the person responsible for promoting XarTEC SALUT as a whole, formulating proposals and providing support for the management and development of projects that favor technological valorisation and its social and economic impact.
Under the direct supervision of the direction, he/she will be responsible for revitalizing the network, generating synergies, implementing the agreed activities, and will be responsible for valuing, detecting opportunities and executing the strategy.
• Identify and catalog technologies and knowledge: detection of opportunities through projects, scientific publications, interviews, dissemination days, etc.
• Promote the technological and knowledge transfer offer of XarTEC SALUT through the different means as well as propose methodologies and good practices to improve the general support for the transfer function and promote its social and economic impact.
• Preparation of the XarTEC SALUT’s technology catalogue.
• Interaction with agents who can be potential partners of research centers when transferring the technology developed within the XarTEC SALUT.
• Propose public-private collaboration projects in order to support the effective transfer of the catalog of capabilities, inventions and patents of XarTEC SALUT (contracted research, technological development, demonstrators, proof of concept …).
• Advise and support in technology transfer projects, in obtaining public and private funding for their development as well as the execution of plans for the valorisation and exploitation of technologies.
• Analyze the assigned technical processes, evaluate them, document them and propose improvements as well as resolve any incidents that may arise.
• Train users or colleagues in the field of their technical skills.
• Organize and monitor events that serve to drive the transfer of developed technologies.
• Take responsibility for the execution of the strategic plan.
- University degree and/or master in engineering and/or business.
- Strong experience in research/business management and tech transfer.
- Creativity, curiosity and humbleness.
- Display very strong organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
- Be professional, approachable and confident in sharing ideas.
- A team player with excellent initiative and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in written and oral English.
- A working knowledge of at least one other official European language would be an asset.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Apply to the formal requirement at 150-918-015 at this link. Applications should include the following documents:
- A cover letter specifying how your experience and interests match with the offered position.
- A CV including English proficiency level, nationality, visa requirements, date of birth, experience overview, and publication list.
- Transcripts of BSc and MSc degrees.
The successful candidate will ideally start on November 1st 2020 or as soon as possible after that date.
For questions, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full time position for a 3 year project.
- A salary of approx. 37402,54 € gross per year.
- Outstanding research and innovation ecosystem within CREB.
- Living in Barcelona, a modern city with a lot of opportunities for innovation in the HealthTech sector.
- Young, dynamic and fun work atmosphere with social events.
UPC. The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (http://www.upc.edu) is a public institution of research and higher education in the fields of engineering, architecture, sciences, and technology; and one of the leading technical universities in Europe. Every year, more than 6.000 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in less than three months. UPC is the Spanish university that has obtained more projects from Horizon 2020 framework.
CREB. Since 1983, the Research Centre for Biomedical Engineering (http://creb.upc.edu) at UPC has been serving the needs of research, technological development, innovation, and knowledge transfer of companies, hospitals and institutions related to the field of health technologies. Its multidisciplinary staff includes more than 80 researchers, doctors and graduates in engineering and other disciplines. Our research teams and facilities are in the heart of UPC campus, giving solution to any need or demand from the biomedical field. Our applied research is organized in seven research areas: Biomaterials; Biomedical Signals and Systems; Dosimetry and Medical Radiation; Computer Graphics; Biomechanical Engineering; Robotics and Vision; and Instrumentation and eHealth. From these areas we support and promote innovation and collaboration, as well as excellence in research, scholarship, and training.
XarTEC SALUT. La Xarxa de Tecnologies de la Salut (XarTEC SALUT) is made up of 47 research groups from Catalonia that belong to 17 different institutions (universities, hospitals, technology centers…). It aims to be a catalyst for R&D&I in the field of health technologies in Catalonia, promoting the exchange of knowledge and the transfer of technology between research groups, institutions, hospitals and companies. In addition, it aims to create and boost new innovative start-ups, offering more efficient tools for technology transfer with greater economic and social impact.
XarTEC SALUT aims to reduce the gap between research and impact on the market, generating tools that facilitate the arrival of technologies that address the needs of the health world. The idea is to move forward by providing more efficient responses in terms of demand, responding to the speed of the market and adjusted to the real needs of the user / patient.