PROJECT TITLE: XarTEC SALUT
It will support the promoter / dynamizer in the promotion tasks and will also assume internal and external management tasks.
• Support the organization of conferences, seminars, courses and meetings with other agents (hospitals, research centers, health cluster agents …) in the various target sectors of the network.
• Support the director of the Office of Promotion and Management in aspects of research funding of the center, both public and private.
• Support in the negotiation processes and establishment of new collaborations with companies, public institutions and health centers (hospitals, foundations, rehabilitation centers, …).
• Support in the processes of improvement of the transfer systems of the technology generated by the center so that the results of the research of the XarTEC HEALTH advance through the value chain and can reach a greater impact in the market. Your support for the strategic plan of the network, monitoring and execution always in contact with the director of the Office of Promotion and Management will be of great value.
• Provide advice to researchers in some aspects (on ways to obtain public and private resources, grants that fit their research activity and bureaucratic aspects). This advice will be in very specific aspects or calls but little by little it will acquire this knowledge. You can also help in the preparation of certain documentation of some of these calls.
• Support the execution of some of the actions to promote the network (included in the marketing plan and the annual action plan) such as: presentations, mailings, participation in fairs, conferences, …
• Assist in the promotional actions that we organize with other agents in the sector (employers, centers, companies, …).
• Support for the promotion of activities organized by the network.
• Support for the economic and financial management of projects led and participated in by the network.
• Assist in the preparation and management of budgets for agreements and projects.
• Support the elaboration and revision of the plans of Annual Action and Report of Annual Activities. At the end of the year, the indicators proposed for the elaboration of actions for the following year will be reviewed.
• Assist in the planning of XarTEC SALUT resources and in the optimization of their use (meeting rooms, laboratories, material, …).
• Support the coordination and planning of the network quality management policy (revision of the quality manual, application, audits, reception of incidents, …).
• Support in writing and reporting.
- Support in preparing and writing applications for national and European grants.
• Support in the elaboration of plans of economic viability for the new proposals of projects.
• Support in the processing of grants and subsidies requested by the center to different bodies.
• Support in the drafting of annual plans and strategic plan of the center.
• Direct contact with researchers to support them in the most common requirements (project review, new calls, logistical issues …).
- University degree and/or master in engineering and/or business.
- Strong experience in research/business management and tech transfer.
- Creativity, curiosity and humbleness.
- Display very strong organizational and time management skills
- Be professional, approachable and confident in sharing their ideas
- A team player with excellent initiative and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in written and oral English.
- A working knowledge of at least one other official European language would be an asset.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Apply through the position 150-918-016 following this link. Applications should include the following documents:
- A cover letter specifying how your experience and interests match with the offered position.
- A CV including English proficiency level, nationality, visa requirements, date of birth, experience overview, and publication list.
- Transcripts of BSc and MSc degrees.
The successful candidate will ideally start on November 1st 2020 or as soon as possible after that date.
For questions, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full time position for a 3 year project.
- A salary of approx. 33230,78 € gross per year.
- Outstanding research and innovation ecosystem within CREB.
- Living in Barcelona, a modern city with a lot of opportunities for innovation in the HealthTech sector.
- Young, dynamic and fun work atmosphere with social events.
UPC. The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (http://www.upc.edu) is a public institution of research and higher education in the fields of engineering, architecture, sciences, and technology; and one of the leading technical universities in Europe. Every year, more than 6.000 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in less than three months. UPC is the Spanish university that has obtained more projects from Horizon 2020 framework.
CREB. Since 1983, the Research Centre for Biomedical Engineering (http://creb.upc.edu) at UPC has been serving the needs of research, technological development, innovation, and knowledge transfer of companies, hospitals and institutions related to the field of health technologies. Its multidisciplinary staff includes more than 80 researchers, doctors and graduates in engineering and other disciplines. Our research teams and facilities are in the heart of UPC campus, giving solution to any need or demand from the biomedical field. Our applied research is organized in seven research areas: Biomaterials; Biomedical Signals and Systems; Dosimetry and Medical Radiation; Computer Graphics; Biomechanical Engineering; Robotics and Vision; and Instrumentation and eHealth. From these areas we support and promote innovation and collaboration, as well as excellence in research, scholarship, and training.
XarTEC SALUT. La Xarxa de Tecnologies de la Salut (XarTEC SALUT) is made up of 47 research groups from Catalonia that belong to 17 different institutions (universities, hospitals, technology centers…). It aims to be a catalyst for R&D&I in the field of health technologies in Catalonia, promoting the exchange of knowledge and the transfer of technology between research groups, institutions, hospitals and companies. In addition, it aims to create and boost new innovative start-ups, offering more efficient tools for technology transfer with greater economic and social impact.
XarTEC SALUT aims to reduce the gap between research and impact on the market, generating tools that facilitate the arrival of technologies that address the needs of the health world. The idea is to move forward by providing more efficient responses in terms of demand, responding to the speed of the market and adjusted to the real needs of the user / patient.